Sunday, March 22, 2009

Step one: Decide to go to the gym.

The hardest part of the journey is the first step. — Anonymous



The hardest part of working out is actually driving to the gym-Wendy



I FINALLY went back to the gym. My last post was February 26th and it may have been that long since my last appearance. First off I was really busy, and then I went on vacation..then I got this sickness death thing, then it had been so long I might as well stay a couch potato and not go to the gym. I didn't go yesterday so might as well not go today. Anyone else feel that way? Well I went! Yahoo! I also didn't eat like a hippo today either. So I am feeling like I ended the week great. I am going to start back my gym regiment tomorrow. If I go in the morning I feel so much better. Actually usually I feel like a truck ran over me and terribly hungry, but gym people talk about how great they feel so it must be true! So on my quest to be a runner I must act like a runner. I actually think that I don't want to be a runner. I just want to be able to run...miles..without stopping. I want to be athletic and fit, being a runner would just be an add on bonus.

Other than that nothing much is new. I RAN on the treadmill today! My sister says that real runners only run outside. F*CK you Holly Jeanne. Just kidding love you!! Running on the treadmill counts my time and my miles. When I run outside I never know how far and I just want to stop. I also can't pace myself like I can on a treadmill. Those are my current problems. This could be stopped by buying a watch to do the run walk thing that I do on the treadmill. I need to buy one ASAP. I went to Walmart today and forgot! See you at the gym!



PS-We did have steak for dinner and we bought a new leather couch. MOO!!

PSS- I realize this isn't a letter but I wanted to throw that tidbit in and it just didn't fit in my overall theme.

4 comments:

  1. you are so right. the hardest part of going to the gym is GOING to the gym. hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few comments....

    1. Poor Cows!
    2. Running on a treadmill is ok sometimes, I did my speed-work on the treadmill this morning because I didn't feel like being cold.
    3. And the key statement above, in order to get where you want to be you must act and think as though you were there. Think and Act like a Runner ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I think Runners are weird then how can I think like them? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont say fuck you to me....that is mean

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete